Subject: Peking Roast
From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Jun 1997 07:58:30 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

submitted by: [email-masked]

        PEKING ROAST

I haven't tried this but this recipe is supposed to be very moist and
flavorful with a wonderful gravy.  It comes from the original Heloise 
newspaper columnist

 3 to 5 lb beef roast
 garlic slivers as desired
 onions slivers as desired
 1 cup vinegar
 water
 vegetable oil
 2 cups strong black coffee
 2 cups water
 salt and pepper

Insert as much garlic and onion slivers as desired by cutting
small slits in meat and inserting the onion and garlic. Put meat into a bowl
and pour over the vinegar and add enough water to cover the meat. cover and
refrigerate 24 hours, basting meat occasionally ( I think putting meat in a
zip lock bag would be the best idea ). When ready to roast, drain off liquid
and discard. Pat meat dry. Place meat in a heavy skillet or Dutch oven.Pour
over the 2 cups of brewed coffee and the 2 cups water. Cover and cook over
low heat on the stove top about 6 hours. Check once and a while and add more
water if needed. Salt and pepper 20 minutes before serving.

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.