Subject: Pasta with Vodka
From: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Sep 1996 06:09:16 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

>From: [email-masked] (Cyd95)
 >Subject: Pasta Alla Vodka
 >Looking for variations on this recipe, made with either vodka or sweet
 >vermouth. Thanks

 PASTA  WITH  VODKA

 Ingredients :
 1 lb. penne or other tubular pasta
 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
 2/3 c. vodka, preferable Polish or Russian
 1/4 tsp. hot red pepper flakes or more to taste
 1 can (16 oz.) Italian plum tomatoes, drained, seeded and pureed-
       (can use 3/4 c. Ponni crushed drained tomatoes)
 1/2 tsp. salt
 3/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated

 Preparation :
   In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the penne until al
 dente (tender but firm) for 8 to 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, melt the
 butter in a large noncorrodible skillet over moderate heat.  Add the
 vodka and hot pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.  Add the pureed
 tomatoes and cream and simmer 5 minutes longer.  Season with salt.
 When the pasta is al dente, drain well and pour into the skillet
 with the hot sauce.  Reduce the heat to low, ad the cheese and mix
 thoroughly.  Voila!  Serve with a salad and good bread (it's pretty
 rich and very potent).  Serve 4 to 6.

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.