Subject: Pasta e fagioli
From: [email-masked] (Sam Waring)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 20:49:36 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

In article <[email-masked]>, 103017.1133 said this about that:

> Just read through posting guidelines. I'm interested in a recipe for
> Pasta Fagioli which will taste like the Olive Garden recipe.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: PASTA E FAGIOLI (Pastafazool)
 Categories: Pasta, Italian
      Yield: 4 servings

     15 oz Italian white beans; drained
    1/2 lb Italian sausage, sweet
      1 c  Onion; finely chopped
      1 T  Garlic; minced
    2/3 c  Wine, white
     16 oz Italian tomatoes, peeled
           -& liquid reserved
      1    Bay leaf
      1 ts Oregano
    1/2 ts Sage
    1/2 ts Rosemary, fresh; chopped
      2 T  Basil, fresh; chopped
      1 ts Tomato paste
    1/2 ts Red pepper flakes
           Salt; to taste
      1 lb Fusilli
           Parmesan
           Parsley; chopped

  Peel and crumble sausage.  Cook in a deep saucepan until it has
  changed color.  If using a lean sausage, you may need to add a
  tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.  Add the onions and garlic and
  saut‚ until the onions are transparent.  Add the wine and let simmer
  (not quite boiling) for a couple of minutes.  Then add the tomatoes,
  bring to a boil, lower the heat, and add all herbs (except the
  parsley), tomato paste, pepper flakes, and canned beans, and let
  simmer while the pasta is cooking.

  Cook the pasta al dente, drain, and stir into the bean mixture.  Toss
  in the parsley and stir again.  Add the Parmesan very gradually, and
  stir more.  Serve immediately.

                                          Petaluma Pete (Ed Ward)
                                          The Austin Chronicle

MMMMM
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.