Subject: Paradise Pumpkin Pie
From: [email-masked]
Date: 3 Jul 1997 07:03:48 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

This pie was Cheryl Maulfair's (Richland, PA) 1st place prize winner at the
1982 Farm-city cooking contest!!   Ever since the recipe was placed in the
newspaper it has become a family, neighbor, in-law .... favorite when pumpkin
pies are in season!

(COOKING TIP:  I've found that if you chill the cream cheese layer for about
1/2 hour after you pour it you have less chance of ending up with a "marble
style" pie.)

INGREDIENTS:
1 (8oz) package cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1  9 inch unbaked pastry shell
1 1/4 cups canned or cooked pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
Dash of salt
1 cup evaporated (NOT SWEETENED CONDENSED) milk
2 eggs slightly beaten

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla,
mixing until well blended.  Add egg: mix well.  Spread onto bottom of pastry
shell.  Combine remaining ingredients; mix well.  Carefully pour over cream
cheese mixture.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 5 minutes.  Cool.  Brush
with maple syrup and garnish with nuts, if desired.

This pie tastes best chilled. 

enjoy -- Lisa DiVittore

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.