Subject: Nuoc Mam Gung
From: "Liz" <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Oct 1999 03:41:39 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

I enclose a recipe for Nuoc Mam Gung, a Thai sauce which can be used for
dipping or as a kind of salad dressing (in small amounts; it's HOT!).  At
home we often have it with prawns grilled with garlic and chilis and a salad
made from lettuce, finely sliced onion and coriander (cilantro in the
States?).

Nuoc Mam Gung

5cm piece ginger, peeled
2 Tbsp caster sugar
2 birds eye chilis
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 a lime, peeled and sectioned
2 tbsp Nam Pla (fish sauce, available from oriental supermarkets)

Put the lot in a food processor and whizz until liquid.  Taste, and add more
lime/Nam Pla if you think it needs it.

Thanks,
Liz Ling
--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.