Subject: Nasi Goreng
From: [email-masked] (Sam Waring)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 18:16:25 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

In article <[email-masked]>, Muffie said this about that:

> Please could any body out there who knows how to make an authentic Nasi Goreng,
> respond by sharing the recipe?

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: NASI GORENG (Fried Rice)
 Categories: Vegetables, Indonesian
      Yield: 6 servings

      4 c  Rice; cooked
      6    Egg
      4 T  Oil
      2 md Onion; minced
      1    Garlic clove; minced
    1/2 c  Pork; minced
    1/2 c  Shrimp, popcorn; cooked &
           -peeled
      2 T  Soy sauce
      2    Chilies; sliced thin
    1/2 c  Smithfield ham
    1/2 c  Crab; cooked
    1/4 c  Celery; chopped
    1/2 c  Onion flakes, dried

  Cut ham in strips 1" long x 1/8" wide.  Beat the eggs.  Heat a skillet
  and grease it with a few drops of oil. Make 4 thin omelets from 4 of
  the eggs. Put aside to use as garnish. Add 2 T. oil to the skillet and
  make a thicker omelet from the other 2 eggs, and slice into 1/2"
  squares.

  Add 2 T. oil and fry onion and garlic for 2 minutes.  Add the Pork and
  stir until Pork is done.  Add shrimp, omelet squares, soy sauce, salt,
  pepper, and rice, then mix together over low heat for about 10 min.
  Heat one tablespoon oil in a heavy frying pan over medium high heat.
  Add 1/4 cup dried onion flakes and stir until brown and crisp.
  Garnish with sliced omelet, chilies, ham, crabmeat, celery, and onion
  flakes.

MMMMM
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.