Subject: Mushroom Tapenade
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Feb 2000 05:43:12 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

MUSHROOMS TAPENADE

4 Tbsp  capers
6        anchovy fillets, drained
1 cup    olive oil
1/4 cup  lemon juice
1 lb     small mushrooms
Freshly ground black pepper

Rinse two tablespoons of capers and dry on a paper towel.  Pound them
and the anchovies in a mortar or press them through a sieve with a
spoon.  When the mixture is reduced to a paste, transfer it to a mixing
bowl.  Add the oil little by little, stirring as you do it.  Add the
lemon juice and pepper to taste.  Let the sauce stand in a covered
container at least 4 hours before serving.  Remove the stems from the
mushrooms and clean them with a damp paper towel.  Place five on each
plate and spoon three tablespoons of the tapenade over them.  Garnish
the plates with the remaining capers.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.