Subject: Moroccan Chicken
From: [email-masked]
Date: 14 Jun 1997 05:22:09 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

This recipe is one of my very favorites.  I'm glad to share it with you.

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.01
 
    Title: Moroccan Chicken and Chick Peas
 Categories: Main dish, Poultry
    Yield: 6 servings
 
    1 cn Chick peas/garbanzos              
    3 lb Chicken pieces  
    1 t  Turmeric  
  1/2 t  Cumin ground  
         Salt                           
    1/8 t  Cayenne pepper
    2 T  Oil
    1 lg Onion, finely chopped
  Juice of 1 lemon
        
Dry chicken pieces with paper towels.  Combine turmeric and cumin with 1 t
salt and the cayenne pepper and rub into the chicken.  Let stand for 15
minutes. (I use less chicken when I make this dish, sometimes I also
substitute boneless breast or tenders) Heat oil in a frying pan and brown
chicken pieces on all sides.  Remove to a plate and add onion to pan.  Fry
gently until soft, add garlic and cook a few seconds.  Pour onion mixture
into chick peas and add chicken pieces and 1 Tablespoon of the lemon
juice.  Cover and simmer gently until chicken and chick peas are tender
and liquid is considerably reduced. About 1/2 hour.  Taste and add salt if
necessary, and more lemon juice to give a pleasant tang.  Remove chicken
pieces carefully, place chick peas and liquid in a deep dish, put the
chicken on top and garnish with lemon wedges.

Food love,
Sandi 
~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.