Subject: Moo Sate
From: [email-masked] (Sam Waring)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 18:16:18 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

In article <[email-masked]>, you said this about that:

> In Malaysia they serve a wonderful peanut sauce with fajita type beef.
> Does anyone have the recipe?

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: MOO SATE
 Categories: Beef, Indonesian
      Yield: 8 servings

MMMMM----------------------------SATE---------------------------------
      2 lb Beef; thinly sliced
      3 T  Curry powder
    1/2 ts Chilies, ground
      2    Garlic clove; minced
      2 lg Onion; minced
      4 T  Lemon juice
      1 T  Honey

MMMMM--------------------PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE-------------------------
      1 c  Peanut butter
      1 c  Coconut cream
      1 T  Lemon juice
      4 T  Soy sauce
      1 T  Worcestershire sauce
      2 ds Tabasco
    1/4 ts Salt

  Slice the meat into thin strips, no more than 1/4" thick and about 1"
  wide. Make strips paper-thin if possible. Mix curry powder, chilies,
  garlic, onions, salt, lemon juice, and honey in a large bowl. Add the
  meat strips and toss well to cover with the marinade.

  Thread meat strips on bamboo skewers, 3 or 4 pieces per skewer.  Make
  sure that plenty of onion and garlic bits cling to the meat. Arrange
  skewers of meat in a dish, cover with any remaining marinade, and
  refrigerate while making the sauce.

  Brown or grill the meat skewers and serve with the warmed peanut
  butter sauce for dipping.

  Sauce: Blend all ingredients together well to make a smooth sauce.
  Keep refrigerated, but warm before serving.

MMMMM
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.