Subject: Low-Fat Mediterranean Tuna And Bean Salad (high fiber)
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Aug 99 02:40:07 CDT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Low-Fat Mediterranean Tuna And Bean Salad (high fiber)

1 cup frozen cooked navy beans, thawed
3 tablespoons basalmic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups frozen sliced green beans
2 cups frozen broccoli florets
1 cup frozen cauliflower florets
1 cup frozen chopped onions
8 leaves romaine lettuce
1 can water-packed tuna, (7 ounces) drained
and flaked

In a medium bowl, combine the navy beans, vinegar, oil, mustard,
and garlic.  Toss well. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes,
stirring occasionally.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add
the green beans, broccoli, and cauliflower. Cook for 30 seconds,
or until the beans turn bright green. Drain in a colander. Add the
onions. Rinse under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Add to
the bowl with the beans. Toss well. Let stand at room temperature
for 5 minutes.

Line 4 salad plates with the lettuce. Arrange the vegetable mixture
on the lettuce. Scatter the tuna over the lettuce.

Makes 4 servings.

Calories......294......Fat.......5.2 g.....Fiber.....7.3 g.