Subject: Marinated Pork on Wild Rice
From: "Karl E. Moser (KE3NF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Feb 1999 06:05:38 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

MARINATED PORK on WILD RICE 

4 lbs. boneless pork roast 
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup soy sauce 
1/4 cup orange juice with pulp 
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 cup chopped or crushed fresh garlic 
8 cups cooked wild rice (about 1 lb raw) 
1/2 cup  sour cream 
1 large red onion, chopped 
5 ribs green celery 
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil 
1/8 tsp each; thyme, basil, and oregano 
1 red bell pepper, sliced 

Remove fat from pork. Cut (right angles to the grain) into 1" thick
serving slices. 

Marinate the pork in a mixture of the wine, orange juice,ground cloves
and soy sauce for 2-4 hours. Press the pork down by using a 
small plate so that all the meat is covered. Lightly saute onion and
celery in olive oil. Combine sour cream, celery, onions, herbs, and the
marinating mixture with the wild rice. Bake in a 9 x 13 pan for 25-30
minutes in 350 degree oven. Arrange pork on a broiler pan. Broil one
side, turn and brush tops with garlic. Broil until brown (about 12
minutes on each side). Check center to see if pork is done. Remove, add
meat
juice from broiler pan to wild rice mixture. Remove sees from red
pepper, slice and arrange red pepper  on to of wild rice mixture. Place
meat serving in each pepper ring. Broil. Serves 6-8 

Bon Appetit..    Karl(KE3NF)
Karls Eatery  [ICQ # 16639454]
http://24.3.49.34  or  http2//Karls_Eatery.com
Http://www.fortunecity.com/littleitaly/machievelli/97

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.