Subject: COLLECTION (3) Mango Chutney
From: [email-masked] (Sam Waring)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 22:16:33 +0100
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

In article <[email-masked]>, you said this about that:

> I just bought a case of nine plump and gorgeous mangos. Does anyone have
> recipes for mango chutneys or mango salsas?

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: MANGO PAPAYA CHUTNEY
 Categories: Preserves, Fruits
      Yield: 4 servings

      2    Mango; peeled, seeded, cut
           -into 1/2 inch pieces
      2 md Papaya; peeled, seeded, &
           -cut into 1/2 inch pieces
      1 c  Cider vinegar
      1 c  Sugar, brown
    1/2 c  Raisins
      2 T  Ginger, fresh; fine chop
      1 ts Garlic; finely chopped
      1 ts Serranos; finely chopped
      1 ts Allspice, ground
      1 T  Salt

  Measure fruits to yield 7 cups.  Place in a large cooking pot.  Add
  vinegar; bring to boil over high heat.  Reduce heat, simmer for 10
  minutes, stirring occasionally.  Stir in remaining ingredients;
  simmer for about one hour, until mango in tender, stirring
  occasionally. Transfer chutney to a bowl; cover; refrigerate.  Store
  for 2-3 days before using. For longer storage, ladle into hot
  sterilized jars with lids and store in cool dark place.  Makes 4 cups.

  Origin: Appeal, Spring issue Shared by: Sharon Stevens.

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: MANGO CHUTNEY
 Categories: Relishes
      Yield: 2 servings

           Garlic, minced
      2 ts Ginger, fresh; chopped
      2 T  Cider vinegar
    1/2 c  Sugar, brown, dark
      2    Mangoes (1 pound each)
    1/2 c  Golden raisins
      1 T  Lime juice
      2 ts Coarse Dijon mustard
    1/4 ts Salt
    1/8 ts Cayenne pepper

  Cooking time:  11 minutes
       The wonderful flavors of this chutney enhance any grilled meat,
  or try it for a snack , spooned on top of yogurt. It is best served
  at room temperature.  Mangoes should be coursely chopped.
       In a 4 cup glass measure, combine the garlic, ginger, vinegar,
  and brown sugar.  Cover with wax paper and cook on HIGH for 3
  minutes, stirring once.  Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover
  again and cook on HIGH for 8 minutes, stirring once.  Pour into a
  serving crock and refrigerate.
       NOTE:  The chutney will keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

                                 posted by Bobbi Zee

MMMMM
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.