Subject: Maltese Tuna (2) Collection
From: [email-masked] (lambchopdelite)
Date: 19 Apr 2000 22:48:24 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Tuna Steaks with Piquant Sauce
Baked Blue-Fin Tuna 
Grilled Blue-Fin Tuna  

>From: "RikkU DikkU" <[email-masked]>
>Can anybody from the island of Malta submit some typical Maltese dish
>recipes ?

Tuna Steaks with Piquant Sauce 

4 Tuna Steaks
Marinade:
1 Glass of White Wine
Juice of 1 Lemon
Olive Oil 
Some Fresh Mint -chopped 
Few drops of White Wine Vinegar 
Chopped Chilli - optional 

Piquant Sauce 
1 Kilo of Fresh Tomatoes - chopped
1 Large Onion - chopped 
2 Cloves of Garlic
Chopped 2/3 Anchovies - chopped
Pitted Olives - whole 
Some Fresh Basil and Parsley - chopped
1 Tablespoon Capers
1 Glass of White Wine
Olive Oil

Roasted Green Peppers 
4 Green Pepper - cut lengthways
2 Cloves of Chopped Garlic
Salt & Pepper

Start of by placing the Tuna Steaks in a large dish. Mix all the
ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and pour over tuna, and leave
to marinate for 4 hours. 

For the Piquant Sauce, preheat olive oil in pan and fry chopped
garlic and onion until golden. Add the chopped tomatoes, chopped
anchovies, pitted olives, capers, chopped basil and parsley cook for
around 10 minutes. Add white wine and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. 

Prepare the green peppers, by cutting them lengthways and place in a
small dish. Sprinkle salt and pepper, chopped garlic and a drizzle of
olive oil over the peppers. Preheat oven to a high heat and bake for
20 minutes. Once the piquant sauce and roasted green peppers are
prepared, proceed by removing the tuna steaks from the marinade and
grill or barbecue, whilst brushing occasionally with the same
marinade. 

When the tuna steaks are cooked place on a serving dish together with
the roasted green peppers and some mint to garnish. Place the piquant
sauce in a separate bowl and serve on the side.

Baked Blue-Fin Tuna 

Allow one fillet of tuna per person
Olive Oil
Lemon juice
1-2 cloves of garlic
parsley
salt and pepper

Marinate the fish in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice and one or
two cloves of garlic. Lift the slices into a shallow Pyrex dish
pouring the marinade over them. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley,
salt and pepper. Bake in a moderate oven for 20-30 minutes, basting
once. A-lovely cream coloured liquid should form over the fish.

Grilled Blue-Fin Tuna  

4 large slices of tuna 
2 tablespoons fresh white bread crumbs
2 crushed cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
Olive oil 

Spread the fish with the bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, salt and
pepper. Pour over a good tablespoon or two of olive oil. Cook under a
hot grill for about 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the
steaks. Turn over once or twice. 
Serves 4 
--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.