Subject: Mabo Dofu - Tofu with Beef
From: "Eduardo Maldonado" <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Sep 1999 05:36:55 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

This recipe comes from an English-language Chinese cookbook of my mother's.
I have made it...easy and delicious, and better than in the Chinese
restaurants. As most Chinese dishes, it is best as part of a meal of a
variety of dishes and a group of people. Accompany with Oriental boiled
rice.

Mabo Dofu (Bean Curd with Ground Beef and Chili Peppers)

2 cakes bean curd (tofu) - 3/4 lb.
1/4 kb. ground or minced beef
3 Tbsp oil (or cooking spray)
1 clove garlic, chopped
3 chili peppers, chopped (or use chili flakes)
1  Tbsp chopped leek
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp. sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch, mixed with 1/2 cup water or broth
1 Tbsp sesame oil

Cut bean curd into bite-sized squares and set aside. Heat oil and fry garlic, 
chili peppers and chopped leek. Add meat. When meat changes color, lightly stir 
in bean curd, soy sauce and =
sugar. Cover with lid and cook for 10 min. Add cornstarch mixture, allowing it 
to thicken for a few minutes. Turn out into serving dish, sprinkle with the 
sesame oil and serve hot.

EmmaDeer

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.