Subject: Linguine with Paprika Sauce
From: [email-masked] (Teresa)
Date: 3 Aug 1997 06:00:37 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

{ Exported from MasterCook Mac }

Linguine with Paprika Sauce

Notes:   This is one of the most unusual uses of paprika I have found.  I
fell in love with it the first time I tasted it but I warn you that it is
unusual!  It is a wonderful Calabrian example of the creative and frugal
use of food.

Recipe By:  We Called it Macaroni:  Nancy Verde Barr
Serving Size:  6

4  cloves   garlic   crushed
1/2   cup  extra virgin olive oil  
4  tbsps paprika  
1/2   cup  dry white wine 
3/4   cup  canned tomatoes   drained
      salt  
1  lb linguine 
1/4   lb pecorino Romano   grated

In a 10-inch saute pan, over low heat, cook the garlic cloves in oil
until browned.  Discard the garlic.  Add the paprika to the oil and stir to
make a paste.  Add the wine and reduce by half.  Put the tomatoes in a
blender or food processor or chop by hand until very fine.  Add to the pan
with the salt and cook 10 minutes.

Warm the serving platter and coat it with 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil.  Cook
the linguine in a large amount of boiling, salted water until al dente. 
Drain and put on the warm platter.  Pour on the hot sauce.  Sprinkle on
all the cheese.  Toss and serve.  Pass additional cheese and olive oil if
desired.

-- 
email:  [email-masked]

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.