Subject: Linguine with Chicken Sauce
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Feb 2000 12:22:26 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Linguine with Chicken Sauce

3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
boiling water
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in chunks
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1 teaspoon fresh basil
1 pound linguine, cooked
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated

Place the tomatoes in a small bowl and cover them with the water. Set aside.
In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, warm the oil over medium-high heat. Add the
onions and garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in
the chicken and cook until it is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove
the chicken mixture from the skillet and set aside. Stir the flour into the
skillet. Add the broth and cook; stirring constantly, until the mixture
thickens and boils, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain the tomatoes and add them to the
pan. Stir in the parsley, basil and chicken mixture. Reduce the heat and
simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over the hot linguine. Sprinkle with the
Parmesan, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.