Subject: Low-Fat Lemony Lentils With Pumpkin (high fiber)
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jul 99 18:22:35 CDT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Low-Fat Lemony Lentils With Pumpkin  (high fiber)

1 medium onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
1 cup lentils
3 cups vegetable broth or water
3/4 pound pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/3 cup sliced scallions

In a large saucepan add the onions, lentils, and broth. Bring the
mixture to a boil, reduce the heat, and cover the pan. Simmer the
lentils, stirring them occasionally, for 30 minutes. Add the pumpkin,
lemon juice, parsley, ginger, salt, pepper, and cumin, stirring to
combine the ingredients well.  Cover the pan and cook the mixture
until pumpkin is tender (about 20-25 minutes). Before serving, toss
the mixture with the scallions.

Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Calories.....208.....Fat.....1 g.....Fiber.....5.8  g.

--
Dancer^ co moderator of
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/healthy-recipes
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/DiabeticRecipes
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/AllRecipes