Subject: Lazy Lasagna Toss
From: Ben <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 May 2000 20:01:52 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Fast with Five: Lazy Lasagna Toss

12 ounce Pasta shells or fusilli, cooked
1 pound Hot Italian sausages
3 cups Spaghetti sauce, chunky vegetable style
1 cup Ricotta cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh grate

Remove sausages from casings. In large skillet, heat 1 tsp vegetable oil over 
medium-high heat; cook sausage, stirring and breaking up with fork, for 5-6 
minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain off fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce;
cook for 3-4 minutes or until bubbling. Meanwhile, in small microwaveable bowl 
or saucepan, mix ricotta with Parmesan; microwave at High for 45 seconds, or 
cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or just until Parmesan begins to melt. Toss
spaghetti sauce with hot pasta; divide among bowls. Spoon ricotta mixture evenly
over top. A sprinkle of chopped parsley to garnish. Serve with a crisp Caesar 
salad. 

Variation: use different varieties of spaghetti sauce; a mushroom sauce or one 
with plenty of herbs would work also Makes 4 servings 
Per Serving: about 875 calories, 40 g protein, 36 g fat, 96 g carbohydrate,

Source: Canadian Living magazine 
http://www.recipeway.com/

~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.