Subject: Olive Garden Florentine Lasagna
From: lkadlec <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Apr 1999 07:10:41 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Olive Garden Florentine Lasagna

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Pasta                            Vegetarian
              Lasagna

Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
 1      pound            Fresh spinach
 1      pound            Fresh mushrooms -- coarsely chopped
 1      cup                Onion -- chopped
10      cloves          Garlic -- minced
 2      tablespoons   Olive oil
 3      cups              Ricotta cheese
 1 2/3  cups            Parmesan cheese -- divided
 1      large             Egg
   1/2  teaspoon      Salt
   1/2  teaspoon      Black pepper
   3/4  teaspoon      Dried basil
   3/4  teaspoon      Dried oregano
 16                         Lasagna noodles
 4 1/2  cups            Mozzarella cheese -- shredded
 1      jar                 Alfredo or tomato cream sauce
                              Parmesan cheese

Steam spinach until tender; press out excess moisture and chop coarsely.
Chop mushrooms and onions and mince garlic over medium-high heat until
onions are tender; drain excess liquid and cool. Mix ricotta cheese, 2/3
cup Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, basil and oregano in large bowl. Add
cooled spinach and mushroom-onion mixture and mix on low speed until just
blended. Cook lasagna according to package directions; rinse under cool
water and drain thoroughly. Place four lasagna strips in bottom of lightly
oiled 9x13" pan, overlapping slightly. Top with 2 cup of spinach filling.
Sprinkle with 1-1/2 cup shredded cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan. Repeat layering
two more times and top with remaining four lasagna strips. Spread 1 cup of
 Alfredo or tomato-cream sauce over top and cover tightly with foil.
Preheat oven to 350~ and bake, covered, for 1 hour. Remove from oven and
keep warm at least 30 minutes before cutting. Top with extra Parmesan
cheese. (Can be refrigerated a day in advance of baking if desired.)

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted on Mondays.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.