Subject: Lasagne di nonna Buonofiglio
From: "E. Lof" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Jan 2000 11:47:53 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

This is a wunderful recipe I got from an Italian granny. I'd like to share it 
with other people. 

Ellen Lof
The Netherlands
[email-masked]

Lasagne di nonna Buonofiglio

Main course 4 persons

1 onion, cut up
1 small clove of garlic, minced
350 grammes minced beef
2 cans peeled tomatoes, 250 grammes each
1 small can tomato paste
250 grammes mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
4 eggs, hardboiled and sliced
150 grammes ham, sliced
150 grammes salami, sliced
basil
oregano
thyme
salt and white pepper
dash of red wine
olive oil
paprika powder
15 (about 250 grammes) sheets of lasagne
100 grammes grated Parmesan cheese
water
butter

Put the peeled tomatoes with the tomato paste in a kitchen machine and make 
puree. (Or use a mixer.) Heat a dash of olive oil in a pan and fry the onion for
a few minutes on a soft temperature. Add the garlic in the last minute. Add the 
minced beef, loosen it and fry it thoroughly. Add somewhat salt and white 
pepper. Pour the tomato mixture into the baked minced beef and stir properly. 
Put the temperature a bit higher. Pour the dash of red wine into the pan and 
then add the sliced mushrooms. Stir it all very well and heat the tomato sauce 
until it boils. Flavour the sauce with white pepper, salt, basil, thyme and 
oregano. Let the sauce boil softly for some 20 minutes. Add some paprika powder 
(if necessary) at the end of the boiling time. Boil the water with some salt and
add a dash of olive oil into it. Put the sheets of lasagne into the pan (one at 
a time). Be sure the sheets don't get stuck on the bottom of the pan. Lower the 
temperature. Cook the sheets for 5 minutes and pour the water off in a colander.
Cool the sheets down with cold water. Spread tea-towels on the kitchen sink and 
put the cooled sheets side by side on the towels. Preheat the oven for about 10 
minutes on 200 cup  Grease an ovenware with some butter. Spread a thin layer of 
tomato sauce on the bottom of the ovenware. Put 3 sheets on top of the sauce. 
Spread some of the egg slices, ham and salami on top of the sheets. Cover it 
with a thick layer of tomato sauce. Straw as much as Parmesan cheese as needed 
to cover the tomato sauce. Put the next 3 sheets on top of the first layer and 
add again egg, ham and salami. Cover it with a thick layer of tomato sauce and 
Parmesan cheese. Do the same with another 2 layers. Make the last layer with the
last 3 sheets, tomato sauce and cover it all with Parmesan cheese. Be sure the 
sheets are fully covered with sauce (especially the corners), otherwise they 
will dry out in the oven. Push the ovenware into the preheated oven and let it 
bake for about 20 minutes. The lasagne is ready when a fork can be easily 
pricked through the lasagne sheets.

Buon appetito!

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.