Subject: Vinegared Cucumber
From: [email-masked] (EFass10063)
Date: 8 Apr 1997 09:08:10 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Here's a cucumber salad I like a lot.  It's from the Washington Post.

KYURI NO SUMOMI (Vinegared Cucumber)  6 or 8 servings.

4 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded
Salt
1 piece wakame seaweed (about 1 cup soaked).  (Optional)

For the dressing:
1/2 cup rice vinegar, or distilled vinegar
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. mirin, or sweet sherry

Slice cukes very thinly on a diagonal.  Place in a bowl and salt
moderately.  Set aside for 20 minutes.  Drain, rinse with water, squeeze
gently to remove excess moisture.  Add Wakame, chopped coarsely, and
dressing ingredients.  Toss and heap a small amount into center of tiny
salad bowls. 

(Seeding and fancy slicing is not really necessary.  It adds time
unnecessarily to the preparation.)

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.