Subject: Kielbasa Simmered in Beer
From: Bryan Fazekas <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Nov 1996 14:56:49 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

> From: [email-masked] (Kelly P. Clark)
> Subject: Cooking with Beer
> I'm looking for recipes which use beer in any way. 

The following recipe is pretty much the only way I eat kielbasa:

Kielbasa Simmered in Beer

1 ring kielbasa or smoked sausage
12 oz beer
1 bag sauerkraut (optional)

Slice the kielbasa into 1" lengths.  Lightly brown in a skillet over
medium-high heat.  Add beer (and sauerkraut if desired) and bring to a
boil.  Reduce heat to low and simmer until liquid is almost (but not
quite) evaporated.  Important:  Do NOT let the pan go dry.  The kielbasa
will burn and will take on a burnt flavor. 

Optional:  I always boil the kielbasa first for about 5-10 minutes.  This
extracts a large amount of the grease.  Also, the kielbasa will have a
light coating of oil and seems to brown better. 

---
Bryan
  [email-masked]

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.