Subject: Kalsbrust Mit Krauterfullung (Veal Breast / Herb Stuffing)
From: Ben <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 11:42:53 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Kalsbrust Mit Krauterfullung (Veal Breast / Herb Stuffing

HERB STUFFING
3 each Bacon; Strips
1 each Onion; Medium
4 ounces Mushroom Pieces; (1 can)
1/4 cup Fresh Parsley; Chopped
1 tablespoon Dill; Fresh, Chopped
1 teaspoon Tarragon Leaves; Dried
1 teaspoon Basil Leaves; Dried
1/2 pound Ground Beef; Lean
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs; Dry
3 each Eggs; Large
1/3 cup Sour Cream
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper

VEAL
3 pounds Boned Veal Breast; OR
4 pounds Boned Leg Of Veal
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
2 cups Beef Broth; Hot
2 tablespoons Cornstarch
1/2 cup Sour Cream

Stuffing: To prepare stuffing, dice bacon and onion. Cook bacon in a frypan 
until partially cooked; add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and chop 
mushrooms, add to frypan and cook for another 5 minutes.  Remove mixture from 
heat, let cool and transfer to a mixing bowl.  Add herbs, ground beef, bread 
crumbs, eggs, and sour cream. Mix thoroughly.  Season with salt and pepper. 
Veal: With a sharp knife, cut a pocket in the veal breast or leg. Fill with 
stuffing; close opening with toothpicks. (Tie with string if necessary.) Rub 
outside with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Place meat in the pan 
and bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven about 1 1/2 hours. Baste occasionally
with beef broth. When done, place meat on a preheated platter. Pour rest of beef
broth into the Dutch oven and scrape brown particles from the bottom. Bring pan 
drippings to a simmer. Thoroughly blend cornstarch with sour cream and add to 
pan drippings while stirring cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Slice veal 
breast and serve sauce separately.

http://www.recipeway.com/

~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.