Subject: Huli-Huli Chicken
From: [email-masked] (Velvet81)
Date: 1 Jul 1997 03:46:09 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

HULI-HULI CHICKEN
serves 4

3 lb chicken
salt and pepper
4 sprigs fresh thyme
2 chopped garlic cloves
1 cup honey
1 cup good dark soy sauce (not La Choy!)
1 cup lime juice
1 Tbsp light brown sugar

Prepare the grill.  Season the inside of the chicken with salt 
and pepper. Place the thyme and garlic under the skin on the 
breast. Combine the honey, soy sauce, lime juice and brown 
sugar, stirring until brown sugar dissolves. Place the chicken 
on the spit and brush with the glaze every few minutes until the
glaze starts to stick to the chicken.  Continue to roast until
done, about 1 hour. Remove the chicken from the spit and let 
rest for 10 minutes before carving.

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.