Subject: Jerusalem Chicken
From: [email-masked]
Date: 20 Sep 1996 22:47:29 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Ah dear one, you are lucky that I went vegetarian last year because I
would never share this scrumptious recipe with anyone.  But I gladly share
and sincerely hope you enjoy it as much as I did for several years.  I
would be interested in your feedback, too!       Gail :] 

Chicken a la Jerusalem

2 lbs chicken pieces (bite size)       6 fresh or canned artichoke bottoms
Flour                                  1/2 C cream sherry
1/2 C butter                           1 C whipping cream
1/2 lb mushrooms, de-stemmed, halved   Minced parsley, chives
Salt, white pepper, nutmeg to taste

Dredge the chicken in flour.  Melt butter in a large skillet. Add chicken
and saute until lightly browned.  Season to taste. Add mushrooms and
artichokes. Pour sherry over all, cover and simmer 25 minutes or until
most of the sherry is reduced. Stir in cream, adding more if needed to
thin to desired consistency. Garnish with parsley & chives.  Serves 6

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.