Subject: Collection (3) Japanese Sauce
From: "Fred Towner" <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Jan 1999 22:08:34 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

>From: [email-masked]
>I'm looking for the recipe for seafood sauce. It is the sauce that they
>serve in Japanese restaurants, kinda pink in color.  You may E-mail
>me directly, I won't mind. Buy... also please post here for the rest of
>the group. Thanks in advance.

It's not likely any of these is what you've described, but maybe you'll
find them useful.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Chirizu (Spicy Dipping Sauce for Sashimi)
 Categories: Japanese, Sauces
      Yield: 1 servings

      5 tsp Sake
      2 ea Spring Onions
      3 Tbsp Lemon juice
    1/8 tsp Hichimi Togarashi
      4 oz Daikon
      3 Tbsp Japanese soy sauce
      1 pn MSG

Warm the sake in a small saucepan.  Ignite with a match, off the heat,
and shake the pan gently until the flame dies out.  Pour the sake
into a dish and cool.  Put the sake with the grated daikon, onions,
soy sauce, lemon juice, MSG, and the 7 pepper spice into a mixing
bowl.  Mix well. To serve, place in small individual dishes and serve
with sea bass, sea bream, or sashimi

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Tosa Joyu (Soy-Based Dipping Sauce for Sashimi)
 Categories: Japanese, Sauces
      Yield: 1 servings

      3 Tbsp Soy sauce
      5 tsp Katsuobushi
  2 1/2 tsp Sake
      1 pn MSG

  2 1/2 tsp Wasabi

Place all ingredients in a small saucepan.  Bring to a boil,
uncovered, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat, strain, and set
aside to cool. Divide into serving dishes and garnish with wasabi.

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Sambai-zu  (Rice-Vinegar and Soy Dipping Sauce)
 Categories: Japanese, Sauces
      Yield: 6 servings

      2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
      1 Tbsp Sugar
    1/8 tsp Salt
      2 Tbsp Niban Dashi
  1 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
      1 pn MSG

Put the vinegar, Dashi, Sugar, Soy Sauce and salt into  a small
saucepan and sprinkle lightly with MSG.  Bring the Sauce to boil,
then immediately remove from heat and set aside.  Let cool to room
temperature.

MMMMM

>From the recipe collection of Fred Towner

.... Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Requests/Recipes go to [email-masked];
Questions/Comments to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.