Subject: Japanese Chicken Karaage
From: [email-masked]
Date: 28 Aug 1999 04:12:01 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

-ooohh!delicious

Japanese Chicken Karaage  (Fried Chicken)

Server 3~ 4 

about 300g~400g  Chicken leg meat  
salt
1 Tablespoon Japanese Sake
3~4 tablespoons Flour   
1 tablespoons Curry powder   
1 teaspoons  Garlic Powder  
1/2 teaspoons Black pepper  
Paprika
other Seasoning to taste 

Cut chicken meat into a bite sized pieces. Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt and a 
tablespoon of Japanese Sake on the meats, knead them, and leave it about 30 
minutes. Sop up the Sake with paper towels and put the meats, all spices,  and 
flour into a plastic bag. Knead the plastic bag until all spices and flour cover
all meats. Fill a pan with vegetable oil for deep frying  and heat it up with 
middle flame. When the pan is heated up enough, put the meats into the pan. If 
your pan is enough big (about 30 cm diameter),  you can put them all at once 
(Don't put only a few pieces.  it make only the surface of meat char).  Notes: 
If you see bubbles as soon as you put a wooden chop stick into the oil, this is 
too hot.  If you see them after 2 seconds, it's just righttemperature.  After 
deep-frying the meat about 7~8 minutes, make the flame stronger. When the 
chicken fried beautifully brown,  take them out of the pan onto paper towels. In
addition If you sprinkle lemon juice on the chicken, it  tastes better.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.