Subject: Hungarian Layered Casserole
From: "Jen Stuart" <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Mar 1999 13:49:56 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Hungarian Layered Casserole

  3     lb                   potato
  1 1/2     tablespoon           salt
  6                          egg 
  1/4     lb                   butter
  1     cup                  sour cream
  6     oz                   ham 
  6     oz                   sausage
  1     tablespoon           paprika

Hard-boil the eggs; peel and slice.  Drop potatoes in their skins in    water to
cover with 1 Tbsp salt.  Cook until fork tender; slice.    Preheat oven to 350 
F.  Butter a deep casserole, and arrange a layer    of potatoes on the bottom.  
Season with salt.  Melt butter and  sprinkle a little on top of the potatoes.  
Cover with ham strips,   repeat the potatoes, salt, and butter. Arrange egg 
slices, then     sausage slices on top, finishing with a potato layer.  Pour the
remaining butter over and spread the sour cream on top. Bake,   uncovered, for 
30 minutes. Lengthen cooking time to one hour if the casserole has been 
refrigerated before cooking.

--Jen  <:3)~
ICQ#  25247784  

~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted on Mondays.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.