Subject: Hunan Beef
From: [email-masked] (Robert Foster)
Date: 1 Dec 1996 22:33:19 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

>Can someone post the recipe for Hunan Beef ?

HUNAN  BEEF

1 lb. sirloin tip or flank steak
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1/2 c. canned baby corn
1/2 c. canned straw mushrooms
1 1/2 c. frozen peas and carrots
MARINADE:
1 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 c. cold water
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. sherry
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
SEASONING SAUCE:
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 c. chicken broth
2 tbsp. dark soy sauce
1 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cider vinegar
2 tsp. hot pepper oil
1/2 tsp. white pepper

   Cut beef with the grain into 2 inch strips; then slice again the
grain into thin slices.  Split each baby corn into 2 pieces.  If the
straw mushrooms are too big, cut them into smaller pieces.  Defrost
the frozen peas and carrots.  Mix marinade and stir in beef.  Cover
and chill for at least 30 minutes.  Add 2 tablespoons oil to marinade
to separate pieces of beef.  Mix seasoning sauce.  Heat 1/2 cup oil in
wok over high heat.  Add beef and stir fry until beef changes color.
Remove and drain.  Reserve oil.  Then heat 1 tablespoon of the
reserved oil in the same wok over high heat.  Add garlic; stir fry
until garlic is slightly brown.  Add baby corn, straw mushrooms, peas
and carrots; stir fry 1 minute.  Add seasoning sauce, stir constantly
until sauce thickens.  Return beef to wok and mix well.  Serve hot.  4
servings.

--
Bob's Smoky Mountain Links
http://www.nashville.com/~robert.foster/smoky.html
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article. 
Recipes/requests go to [email-masked]; questions/comments go to
[email-masked].  Please allow several days for your submission to
appear.