Subject: Heavenly Chuck Steak
From: "Karl E. Moser (KE3NF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Apr 1999 06:22:09 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Heavenly Chuck Steak 

 4 well-trimmed beef chuck  steak, cut 3/4" to 1"  thick (approx. 1 lb
each)

 Marinade & Sauce:
 1 cup finely chopped red onion
 1 cup ketchup
 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
 1/8 to 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
 1/4 tsp ground cloves
 1 clove garlic crushed
 1 Tbsp soy sauce 
 1 cup Merlot wine
                                                          
Combine ingredients for marinade and sauce; mix well. Place beef
steak and 1 cup of marinade mixture in food-safe plastic bag, turning
steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours
or as long as overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate
remaining marinade mixture for sauce. 
Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid
over medium, ash covered  coals. Grill, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes for
medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. 
Meanwhile in small saucepan, bring reserved sauce to a boil. Reduce
heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until desired consistency. 
Carve beef into serving-size pieces; serve with sauce. 4 to 6
servings. 

Bon Appetit..    Karl(KE3NF)
Karls Eatery  [ICQ # 16639454]
http://24.3.49.34  or  http2//Karls_Eatery.com
Http://www.fortunecity.com/littleitaly/machievelli/97

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.