Subject: Mongolian Beef
From: Sam Waring <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 19:20:24 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

On 20 Apr 95 W. Cullen said this about that:

WC>I am looking for a recipe for mongolian beef.  Any ideas would be
WC>appreciated.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

      Title: MONGOLIAN BEEF
 Categories: Beef, Chinese
      Yield: 6 servings

      2 lb Sirloin steak, boneless
    1/3 c  Soy sauce
      3 T  Cornstarch
      3 T  Shao xing
      1 ts Sugar
      1 ts Sesame oil
      1 ts Chili sauce
      2 T  Oil, peanut
      4 bn Scallion; cut in 3" pieces
    1/2 T  Oil, peanut
    1/4 c  ;Water
      2 ts Sweet bean sauce
      2 ts Hoisin sauce

  Partially freeze steak; slice diagonally across the grain into 3"x1/4X
  strips. Set aside. Combine soy sauce, cornstarch, shao xing, sugar,
  sesame oil, and chili sauce in a bowl; add beef and mix well. Pour 2
  teaspoons of peanut oil around top of hot wok; allow to heat until it
  begins to smoke. Add scallions; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 5
  to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove onions, and drain on
  paper towels.

  Pour 2 tablespoons peanut oil around top of wok; allow to reheat until
  smoking. Add beef mixture; stir-fry 5 minutes or until lightly
  browned. Remove beef with slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.
  Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings in wok. Combine water, bean  sauce,
  and hoisin sauce; stir well, and add to wok.  Bring to a boil. Add
  scallions and beef; stir-fry 30 seconds or until thoroughly heated.
  Serve immediately.

MMMMM

* Sam Waring                    [email-masked] *
* Disclaimer: The Infomail Association doesn't necessarily agree with *
*             my opinions and neither do I.                           *
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.