Subject: Grilled Fish with Garlic Beurre Rouge
From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 16:33:37 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

submitted by: [email-masked]

                   *  Exported from  MasterCook Mac  *

                   Grilled Fish with Garlic Beurre Rouge

Recipe By     : Delicious Decisions/[email-masked]
Serving Size  : 6    Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Fish

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
     1/2  cup           olive oil -- green fruity variety
   5      tablespoons   lemon juice -- freshly squeezed
   4      cloves        garlic -- slivered
     1/2  cup           cilantro -- chopped
                        salt and pepper -- to taste
   6      pieces        grouper -- or other firm fish
   4      ounces        butter -- unsalted
     1/4  cup           red onion -- chopped
   2      small         green chili pepper -- finely minced
   1      tablespoon    garlic -- minced
   1      pound         tomatoes -- peeled and chopped
                        lemon wedges and cilantro sprigs

Mix together olive oil, 4 tablespoons lemon juice, slivered garlic, 1/4
cup chopped cilantro, salt and pepper. Add fish fillets and marinate for
at least one hour or as long as overnight. To prepare garlic beurre rouge:
In a frying pan over medium heat, melt two tablespoons butter and saute
onion, chilies, and minced garlic until soft, stirring often. Add tomatoes
and remaining lemon juice. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and season to taste. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped cilantro. Slowly
stir in remaining butter until melted. Drain marinade from fish. Barbecue
fillets over low glowing coals (or broil if desired), turning only once.
Be careful not to overcook. Remove to a warm serving platter and top with
garlic beurre rouge. Garnish with lemon slices and cilantro sprigs. 

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Per serving: 413 Calories; 35g Fat (74% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 9g 
Carbohydrate; 73mg Cholesterol; 214mg Sodium

~~~

rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes are accepted for
posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" file first.  Articles go to
[email-masked]; administrative questions go to [email-masked].
Please allow two to five days for your submission to appear.