Subject: Green Beans with Garlic and Red Pepper
From: [email-masked] (Sam Waring)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 18:16:44 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
 said this about that:

> I am seeking a recipe for Mala String Beans, a Chinese dish. Please
> include this request for the recipe news group. Thanks

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: GREEN BEANS WITH GARLIC & RED PEPPER
 Categories: Vegetables, Chinese
      Yield: 6 servings

  1 1/2 lb Green beans, fresh (long
           -beans)
      2 c  Oil
      8    Garlic clove; peeled &
           -minced
      1    Thai chile; coarsely crumbled
      1 T  Soy sauce, thin
    1/4 ts Salt
    1/4 ts Sugar

  Trim the beans and cut them into 1-1/2 inch lengths.  Make sure that
  the beans are quite dry.  If necessary, rub them with a dish towel.

  Heat the oil in a wok over a medium high flame.  When smoking hot,
  put in all the beans and turn the heat to high.  Fry the beans,
  stirring now and then, for 1 to 2 minutes or until the skins just
  begin to crinkle but the beans are still crisp and bright green.
  Take out all the beans with a slotted spoon and put them in a
  colander that is resting in a large bowl. Turn off the heat under the
  wok.

  Remove all but four tablespoons oil from the wok.  Heat on a medium
  flame. When hot, put in the garlic and the Thai chile.  Stir and fry
  until the garlic turns a light to medium brown color.  Put in the
  beanas and stir once.  Now put in the soy sauce, salt, and sugar.
  Stir again to mix. Serve immediately.

                                 --- World of the East Vegetarian Cooking
                                     Madhur Jaffrey

MMMMM
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.