Subject: Green Beans with Garlic & Red Pepper
From: Sam Waring <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 21:41:18 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

On 9 Aug 96 [email-masked] said this about that:

>I'm looking for a recipe for Szechuan Green
>Beans--green beans stir-fried in a somewhat spicy
>sauce with garlic and red pepper flakes I think, and I
>don't know what else.  Thanks!

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.03

      Title: GREEN BEANS WITH GARLIC & RED PEPPER
 Categories: Vegetables, Chinese
      Yield: 6 servings

  1 1/2 lb Green beans, fresh
      2 c  Oil
      8    Garlic clove; peeled &
           -minced
      1    Thai chile; coarsely crumble
      1 T  Soy sauce, thin
    1/4 ts Salt
    1/4 ts Sugar

  Trim the beans and cut them into 1-1/2 inch lengths.  Make sure that
  the beans are quite dry.  If necessary, rub them with a dish towel.

  Heat the oil in a wok over a medium high flame.  When smoking hot,
  put in all the beans and turn the heat to high.  Fry the beans,
  stirring now and then, for 1 to 2 minutes or until the skins just
  begin to crinkle but the beans are still crisp and bright green.
  Take out all the beans with a slotted spoon and put them in a
  colander that is resting in a large bowl. Turn off the heat under the
  wok.

  Remove all but four tablespoons oil from the wok.  Heat on a medium
  flame. When hot, put in the garlic and the Thai chile.  Stir and fry
  until the garlic turns a light to medium brown color.  Put in the
  beanas and stir once.  Now put in the soy sauce, salt, and sugar.
  Stir again to mix. Serve immediately.

                                    --- World of the East Vegetarian Cooking
                                        Madhur Jaffrey

MMMMM

* Sam Waring                     [email-masked] *
* Disclaimer: The Infomail Association doesn't necessarily agree with *
*             my opinions and neither do I.                           *
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.