Subject: Greek Chicken & Cucumber Sauce
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Aug 99 10:02:02 CDT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Greek Chicken & Cucumber Sauce

1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup skim milk yogurt
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint (or 2 tsp dried mint)
2 cloves garlic, minced

Combine marinade ingredients and pour over chicken. Marinate in
the fridge for up to 24 hours. Remove chicken from marinade and
grill over medium heat for 5 -7 minutes per side.

Serve with rice, or oven roasted potatoes, and cucumber sauce.

Makes 4 servings.

Tip: The marinade can also be used on strips of chicken. After
marinating, thread the strips onto skewers and grill for 5 - 7
minutes per side.

Cucumber Sauce

1 lbs boneless, skinless chicken (thigh or breast)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt 
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cumin
2 cloves garlic, minced

In a strainer mix cucumber and salt and set aside for at least 15
minutes.  Squeeze extra liquid from cucumber. Blend grated cucumber
with remaining ingredients and refridgerate until needed.  Serve
with Greek Chicken.

Tip: If you don't have a strainer put cucumber and salt in a double
layer of paper coffee filters. Gently squeeze the extra liquid out
of the mixture.