Subject: Garlic Mashed Potatoes
From: [email-masked] (Patricia Hill)
Date: 21 May 1997 21:48:44 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Garlic Mashed Potatoes. 
Wonderful side dish for any beef entree.

2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted water and bring to a boil.
Cook at a low boil for about 15 minutes, until tender.

Meanwhile, combine the garlic, butter, and cream in a saucepan, and simmer
for about 20 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until
smooth. Drain the potatoes, place in a mixing bowl, and add the garlic
cream puree. Mash together with a potato masher or fork, leaving them
smooth or lumpy as you prefer. Season with salt and pepper. 

Enjoy!
Frederick J. Simon
Omaha Steaks

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.