Subject: Garlic Jelly
From: [email-masked] (Robert Foster)
Date: 17 Feb 1997 18:52:30 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

>From: [email-masked] (MS SUSAN M ALLERSMEYER)
>I need a recipe for Garlic Jelly.  I bought some in Barbados and it
>is great to use when grilling chicken. Thanks

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: Garlic Jelly
 Categories: Toppings, Garlic, Preserve
      Yield: 5 servings

    1/2 c  Fresh garlic, finely chopped
      2 c  White wine vinegar
  5 1/2 c  Sugar
      3 c  Water
      1 pk (2 oz.) powdered pectin
    1/4    Teas. butter or oil
      2    Drops food coloring
           -(optional)

Combine garlic & vinegar in a 2 qt. kettle.  Simmer mixture gently,
uncovered, over med. heat for 15 min. Remove pan from heat & pour mixture
into a 1 qt. glass jar. Cover & let stand at room temp. for 24-36 hours.
Pour flavored vinegar through a wire strainer into a bowl, pressing the
garlic with the back of a spoon to squeeze out liquid. Discard any
residue. Measure the liquid & add vinegar, if needed, to make 1 cup.
Measure sugar into a dry bowl. Combine the garlic-vinegar solution & the
water in a 5 or 6 qt. kettle. Add pectin, stirring well. Over high heat,
bring mixture to boil, stirring constantly to avoid scorching.  Add sugar,
& stir well. Bring mixture to a full, rolling boil.  Add butter to reduce
foaming. Continue stirring.  Boil the mixture hard for exactly 2 min.
Remove pan from heat & skim off any foam.  Add red, yellow or orange food
coloring if desired. Pour jelly into prepared glasses.  Seal according to
directions on recipe folder in pectin package.  Makes approx.  5 cups. 

MMMMM

Bob's Smoky Mountain Links
www.nashville.com/~robert.foster/smoky.html

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.