Subject: Franks & Boston Baked Beans
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Feb 2000 05:55:58 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Low-Fat Franks & Boston Baked Beans (high fiber)

12 ozs.  Great Northern or navy beans
1/4 cup. molasses
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2-2 ozs. chicken franks, thinly sliced
1 cup. chopped onion

In Dutch oven combine beans and cold water to cover; bring to a boil over
high heat.  Cook two minutes; remove from heat.  Let stand, covered, 1 hour.
Drain beans and return to Dutch over; add 4 cups cold water.  Cover and
bring to a simmer over medium heat, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F.
In medium bowl whisk together molasses, mustard and pepper, stir into beans.
Add franks and onions. Cover Dutch oven, bake 1 1/2 hours until beans are
tender stirring
occasionally.  Add more water if necessary.
Makes 4 servings.
Calories  430  Fat  7 g  Fiber  6 g.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.