Subject: Flourless Chocolate Cake with Oranges
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Feb 2000 04:42:39 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH ORANGES

1/2 cup orange juice
1 and 1/3 cups sugar
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
9 tablespoons butter at room temperature
5 eggs
8 navel oranges
1/4 cup Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
Confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 325-degrees Fahrenheit. Butter an 11-by-17 inch baking
sheet with 1/2 inch sides and line with parchment paper and butter the
paper.
Bring the orange juice to a boil in a medium sized saucepan and add one
cup of the sugar. remove from heat. Break up the chocolate and add it,
stirring until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the
softened butter a little at a time. Stir well and set aside.
Beat the eggs with the remaining sugar for 12 minutes, until very thick
and light. Gently fold a third of the eggs into the chocolate mixture. Fold
in the rest.
Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake until set about 15
minutes. The surface of the cake will have dulled somewhat and have become
firmer to the touch. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
Meanwhile remove all the skin and pits from the oranges. Separate the
sections and toss with the liqueur. Refrigerate.
Run a knife around the edge of the cake in the pan. Place a large flat
baking sheet over the cooled cake, invert, then lift off the baking pan.
peel the parchment off the cake.
To serve, preheat the oven to 150-degrees Fahrenheit. Cut large squares of
the cake and, using a wide spatula, place each on an ovenproof plate. Place
in the oven to warm for about five minutes. Arrange the orange sections and
a little of their in a decorative pattern on the cake or around it. Sift a
little confectioners' sugar over the top and serve.
(6-8 servings).

Dancer^ co moderator of
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/healthy-recipes
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/DiabeticRecipes
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/AllRecipes

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.