Subject: Flank Steak with Garlic Wine Sauce
From: Ben <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 May 2000 07:48:16 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Flank Steak with Garlic Wine Sauce

1 1/2 pound Flank Steak (1 piece)
1 per serving Salt & Pepper, To Taste
2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Softened
2 tablespoons Thinly Slice Scallions
1 cup Dry Red Wine
1 per serving Garlic Puree(1 head Roasted)

Sprinkle flank steak with salt and a generous amount of
freshly ground black pepper.  Heat a wide heavy skillet.  Do
not add fat.  When hot, cook seasoned steak until seared and
well browned on each side (about 1 minute per side).  Reduce
heat and add 2 T butter.  Cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
For best results, the meat should be quite rare.  Remove the
meat from the pan and keep warm.  Pour off the fat in the
skillet and add the scallions and red wine.  Bring to a boil
and whisk in the garlic puree. Boil until the wine is
reduced by half, thickened, and syrupy.  As it boils, scrape
up the browned bits in the skillet with a wooden spoon. Stir
in the meat juices that have accumulated under the flank
steak.  Boil for 1 or 2 seconds more. Remove from the heat.
Gently swirl in the 2 Tbsp softened butter so that it
incorporates into the wine.  Quickly slice the meat, against
the grain, into thin strips.  Arrange the slices on a hot
platter, pour sauce down the center of them and serve at
once.

http://www.recipeway.com/

~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.