Subject: Fettuccine with Prosciutto and Asparagus
From: Dan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 18:18:55 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Fettuccine with Prosciutto and Asparagus

1/2       lb                  asparagus, in 1 pieces.
2         tablespoon          butter
1/2       cup                 onion, minced
4         oz                  prosciutto
1         tablespoon          butter
1         tablespoon          flour
1/2       cup                 cream
1         lb                  fettuccine
1/2       cup                 Parmesan cheese freshly, grated
                              ground pepper

Cook the asparagus until tender; drain. Reduce the cooking water to
1/2 cup. Melt the butter in a skillet over a medium heat. Add the
onion and cook until fragrant. Stir in the prosciutto and saute. Make
a roux of the flour and butter; add the reserved asparagus water and
cream. Whisk and heat until the sauce thickens. Add the asparagus and
prosciutto and stir in. In the meantime cook the pasta. When the
pasta is cooked al dente, drain it and toss it with the sauce, adding
the grated cheese. Serve and add freshly grated pepper to taste.
--

IL Paiolo Cookbook  
http://www.paiolo.com   

~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.