Subject: Ethiopian Lentils
From: Ben <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 May 2000 20:09:34 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Ethiopian Lentils

2 cups Dried lentils; picked over and washed
6 cups Water
3/4 cups Anaheim green peppers;seeded and chopped
2 cups Red onions; peeled, chopped
1/4 cup Spiced butter
1 tablespoon Grated fresh ginger
2 centiliters Garlic; peeled, crushed
1 tablespoon Berbere sauce
  Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Boil the lentils in water for 5 mins. Drain, reserving
liquid. In 4 quart sauce pot, saute the Anaheim peppers and
onions in the spiced butter until the onions are tender. Add
the lentils, 4 cup of the reserved liquid, and the remaining
ingredients and bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, over low
heat 35-40 mins, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. 

http://www.recipeway.com/

~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.