Subject: Eggplant Rollups
From: LynnMacom <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Jul 1999 05:06:11 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Eggplant Rollups

2 medium eggplants
12 ounces tofu
1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
2 to 3 teaspoons dried, crushed oregano
2 to 3 teaspoons dried, crushed basil
olive oil
28-ounce can marinara sauce

Peel eggplants and slice lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. Salt lightly and place
on nonstick or lightly oiled baking sheet in broiler about 5 to 6 inches from 
heat, for about 5 minutes each side, until just soft enough to be rolled easily.
Allow to cool until able to handle. In the meantime, place tofu, salt and spices
in food processor and blend briefly until smooth. Lightly oil a casserole dish 
with olive oil and spread a few spoonsful of marinara sauce in the bottom. 
Spread each slice of eggplant with the tofu mixture and roll up, then place 
rolls side by side in casserole dish. Cover each layer of eggplant rolls with 
marinara sauce, then bake at 375 degrees about 40 minutes.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.