Subject: Delicious Beef Stew
From: [email-masked] (Recipegirl123)
Date: 12 Dec 1999 15:36:17 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Beef Stew

2 lbs. beef stew meat, cubed (about 1 - 1 1/2")
1 lb. fresh carrots, cleaned and cut into bite-size chunks
white potatoes (at least one per person - approx.
6 medium - more if they are smaller) - peeled and cut into chunks
2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed (can use garlic powder equivalent if desired)
3 Tbsp pearl tapioca
1 Tbsp brown sugar (optional)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 - 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
1 onion (you can slice or dice if you like, or throw in
peeled but whole)

In large covered Dutch oven, mix beef cubes, tomatoes, tapioca, sugar,
carrot chunks, & salt & pepper, garlic and onion, and cover.  Bake in
oven at 250 degrees for 2 - 2 1/2 hours, and remove from oven and
carefully stir in peeled, cubed potatoes (be careful adding potatoes
to hot mixture).  Return pan to oven, and continue baking (covered)
for an additional 2 1/2 - 3 hours (or until potatoes are tender).
This is a very hearty stew, and tastes even better reheated.  We serve
this with cornbread, and tossed salad or coleslaw.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.