Subject: Curried Lentils
From: [email-masked] (LeiG)
Date: 17 Jul 1996 09:56:15 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

>I am trying to add more beans and lentils to my diet, and am
>looking for recipes for either canned or dried beans and
>dried lentils.  Thanks.

CURRIED LENTILS(scotch)

from:Stove-top Cookbook by Mala Reynaud (1960)

1/2 pound (1 cup) Lentils
3 medium sized onions
4-5 tablespoons butter or drippings
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
a little water or stock only if needed.

Wash and soak lentils overnight in cold water. Slice or dice onions. Melt
butter in a large skillet. when it is hot, add onions. sprinkle curry
powder and salt over onions, and cook slowly 10 minutes. add sugar and
stir in. Drain lentils and mix in. cover and simmer until they are soft
but still keep their shape, about 1 1/2 hours. If they become too dry to
cook without burning, add a little water or stock. Stir occasionally.
Serve hot

Hope this is what you want,
Lei
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article. 
Recipes/requests go to [email-masked]; questions/comments go to
[email-masked].  Please allow several days for your submission to
appear.