Subject: Cuban Black Beans & Rice
From: [email-masked] (Julius R. Tipton)
Date: 2 Feb 1997 08:46:31 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Re: Gparker's request for a Cuban black bean & rice recipe, here is one
adapted by my wife and inhaled lustily by our Cuban-American adopted son.

Cuban Black Beans & Rice

Ingredients: 

1 lb dried black beans
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
1 tb fresh rosemary
1 tb vegetable oil
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 large bay leaves

Cover beans with plenty of water (beans will swell).  Bring to boil,
remove from heat and let stand for one hour.  Chop onion, mince garlic,
strip rosemary from stem, add oil, salt, pepper and bay leaves.  Cook in
covered pan on medium heat for one hour or until beans are tender (longer
if you want the beans "mushy").  Serve over steamed rice.  Add hot sauce
to taste. 

Serves eight.

Enjoy. This is great stuff.

J.R.Tipton
<[email-masked]>

===
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article. Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments go to [email-masked]. 
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.