Subject: Crepes Suzette
From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Nov 1999 04:29:20 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Crepes:

2 Tbsp melted butter
1 1/2 cups milk
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs

Suzette Sauce:

1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup butter
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp grated orange peel
Reserve 1/4 Grand Marnier

In medium bowl with wire whisk, beat butter and remaining crepe  ingredients 
until smooth.  Chill 2 hours. Brush bottom of 7" crepe pan and 10" skillet with 
melted butter.   Over medium heat, heat pans; pour scant 1/4 cup patter into 
crepe  pan to coat bottom; cook 2 minutes until top is set, underside  slightly 
browned. Loosen crepe; invert into hot 10" skillet; cook other side 30  seconds.
Slip crepe onto waked paper.  Meanwhile, start cooking  another crepe.  Stack 
crepes between waxed paper.  Use  immediately or wrap in foil and refrigerate. 
Approx 30 minutes before serving, Prepare Suzette sauce: In 10" skillet over low
heat combine the orange juice, butter, sugar  and orange peel until butter 
melts.

Serving: Fold crepes in quarters; arrange in the warmed Suzette sauce in  the 
skillet; simmer for 10 minutes. Pour the Grand Marnier evenly over the crepes 
and sauce.  DO  NOT STIR. Heat the Grand Marnier a minute or two, then remove 
from stove.   Light a long match (such as those used to light kindling in a  
fireplace).  Apply match to the crepes and sauce in the skillet. Serve crepes 
and sauce immediately.
--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.