Subject: Creamy Smoked Salmon and Dijon Pasta
From: Strawberry Girl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 05:37:59 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Creamy Smoked Salmon and Dijon Pasta

Source: The New Chatelaine Cookbook

4 cups broad egg or shell noodles
1 tbsp butter or oil
2 tbsp finely chopped shallots or 1 large crushed garlic clove
8 oz (250 g) smoked salmon
4 whole green onions
1 cup (250-mL container) regular or light sour cream (I use no fat with=
 success)
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
freshly ground white pepper (I use black, it doesn't look as pretty but=
 does the job)

Cook the pasta.  Drain but do not rinse.

Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan.  Add the shallots and
saute for about 5 minutes.  Meanwhile, cut the salmon into thin bite-size
pieces (I use thick bite sized pieces) and slice the green onions; set
aside.  Then, whisk the sour cream, Dijon and pepper into the sauteed
shallots.  Remove from the heat and immediately stir into the drained cooked
pasta.  Add the salmon and green onions and toss.  Serve hot or as a cold
pasta salad.  The flavour becomes fuller with a day's refrigeration.  If
it's not creamy enough after being chilled, simply stir in more sourcream.

Per Serving: 191 calories, 8.5 g protein, 13.3 g carbohydrates, 16.5 g fat,
46.9 mg calcium, 1 mg iron, 0.05 g fiber.

Christine
[email-masked]

rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes are accepted for
posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" file first.  Articles go to
[email-masked]; administrative questions go to [email-masked].
Please allow two to five days for your submission to appear.