Subject: Cream Of Tomato & Pumpkin Soup
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Nov 1999 10:55:56 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Low-Fat Cream Of Tomato & Pumpkin Soup (high fiber)

2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 cups vegetable stock
One 28-ounce can stewed tomatoes (no spices added)
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
4 cups pumpkin or butternut squash puree
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
Salt to taste

In a large pot, heat the oil over a medium flame. Add onion and saute
until limp, but not browned, about 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in 3 cups of the
stock, and let simmer, partially covered, about 15 minutes.  Pour tomatoes
and maple syrup into the food processor and puree. Add to pot above.  Add
the pumpkin and remaining 1 cup stock. Season with the pepper and salt to
taste. Reheat.  Garnish with finely chopped chives. 

Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Calories   129   Fat   2 g   Fiber   4.6 g.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.