Subject: Crazy Chicken
From: Flowerburst <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Apr 1999 06:20:31 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

CRAZY CHICKEN

Serves: 3

6 chicken thighs small
3/4 cup apple jelly
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 12-ounce can  of cherry cola

Remove skin from chicken thighs; rinse thighs and pat dry. Place in a 10-inch 
skillet; set aside.  In a medium bowl, stir jelly, dry mustard, salt and pepper 
until blended. Slowly stir in about 1 cup of the soda and mix well. Pour over 
chicken.  Cook chicken over high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat
to medium-high, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Baste thighs. Reduce heat to 
medium, cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until tender and no longer pink when
cut along the bone, turning and basting several times. Add additional soda if 
sauce is too thick.  To serve, spoon sauce over thighs. 
Serve with rice pilaf, Chinese pea pods and a fruit salad.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted on Mondays.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.